Post-meeting release 10/29
Commissioners approve appropriations and resolutions in Bloomville
[Tiffin, OH Oct. 29, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners met Tuesday night at the Bloom Township House in Bloomville.
Commissioner Tony Paradiso complimented township residents on their facility.
“This is my first time out here. It’s a very nice facility and we are glad to be here,” he said.
The off-site meeting was part of a commitment to periodically meet in areas across the county.
Paradiso also reported that he presented a proclamation on behalf of the commissioners Tuesday morning to World War II veteran John Baum, who turned 100 today. The board congratulated Baum and thanked him for his service.
In other action, Commissioner Mike Kerschner also congratulated two county employees, Common Pleas Court Judge Steve Shuff and Department of Job and Family Services Director Kathy Oliver, for winning awards through the Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce.
In other business, the board approved:
* A $12,611.83 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for contract projects.
* An $85,000 supplemental appropriation to the Workforce Investment Act Fund.
* A $6,338.65 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District Fund for contract services.
* A contract with Rumpke for trash services on behalf of the Seneca County Maintenance Department.
* An agreement of services for the subsidy grant from Community-Based Corrections Agreement 407 on behalf of the Seneca County Common Pleas Court.