Pre-meeting release 1/21
Commissioners to discuss treasurer appointment, facilities master plan
[Tiffin, OH Jan. 21, 2019] – Seneca County Commissioners are to meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday for a regular board session.
During old business, the board is to discuss the looming appointment for the soon-to-be-vacated Seneca County Treasurer position.
Damon Alt, the current treasurer, is leaving the position to become magistrate for Seneca County Common Pleas Court Judge Michael Kelbley on Feb. 1.
The commissioners must make an appointment to the position by then. The appointed person will serve in the role for a short amount of time, however, as the Seneca County Republican Party can then nominate a candidate to finish Alt’s term. The final appointee’s term would expire Sept. 5, 2021.
GOP officials are expected to discuss the appointment during a meeting scheduled for Feb. 7.
Chris English, Paul Harrison, Stephen Welter and David Koehl are vying for the position.
Also on the agenda is the facilities master plan, which is a blueprint for the future of all county-owned buildings.
Last week the board received estimates from CT Consultants and Gossman Group for the architectural and engineering work on the plan. Gossman Group’s cost estimate is about $72,500-$89,500 and CT’s estimate is about $69,000-118,000.
The commissioners are expected to choose a firm and move forward with the plan Tuesday.
Near the beginning of the meeting, Doug Smith, of IAP Business Services, is to address the board on House Bill 295, which is an energy savings bill.
Also, at about 10:30 a.m., Seneca County Dog Warden Kelly Marker is to give a year in review presentation.
During new business, repairs on equipment at the Seneca County Airport are to be discussed.
During appropriations, the board is to consider:
* A $90,021.80 supplemental appropriation to the County Engineer’s Maintenance and Repair Fund for equipment.
* A $1,375 and a $14,100 supplemental appropriation to the Clerk of Courts Title Administration Fund.
* A $799 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects Fund.
* A $500 supplemental appropriation to the Allen Eiry Special Guardianship Fund.
* A $16,700 supplemental appropriation to the Community Development Block Grant Fund for restroom upgrades at the County Services Building.
* A $160,000 fund transfer from the General Fund to the Soil and Water Fund.
* A $60,000 fund transfer from the Local Government Fund General Fund to the Emergency Management Agency Fund.
* A $10,000 fund transfer from the LGF General Fund to the Soil and Water Fund.
* A $330,000 fund transfer from the LGF General Fund to the Ambulance Services Fund.
* A $100,000 fund transfer from the General Fund to the Justice Center Operating Fund.
* A $50,000 fund transfer to the Bond Retirement Fund.
* Appointing members to the Museum Advisory Board.
* Authorizing the sale of a 2007 Ford Crown Victoria.
* A contract for medical services with Dr. Chris Sears on behalf of Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.
* A contract with Vanguard-Sentinel Career Center for GED instructions for Seneca County Jail inmates.