Commissioners to get an update on 2019 budget process Tuesday
A visit from Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership’s David Zak also on the agenda
[Tiffin, OH Oct. 29, 2018] – Seneca County commissioners are to meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday at their office, 111 Madison St.
County Administrator Stacy Wilson is to give an update on the budget process. Commissioners are hoping to wrap-up the budget earlier than usual this year. The hope is to have an approved budget in November. Wilson has been working with department heads on the budget since August.
In other action, the board is to hear from Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership President and CEO David Zak. Zak is expected to discuss a draft of a contract between the economic development agency and the county.
Also during the meeting, commissioners are to enter into an executive session to discuss the potential purchase of property.
The board is also expected to discuss the appointment of a new representative to the Transportation Improvement District board.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* A $75,000 supplemental appropriation to the Child Support Enhancement Fund.
* A $2,320.71 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects Fund.
* A $2,320.70 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects Fund.
* A $3,000 and a $6,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for the board of elections.
* A $7,000 supplemental appropriation to the Seneca County Sewer District Replacement and Improvement Fund.
* A $63,335 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.
* Establishing the Lotus Recovery House Fund. The fund is being created on behalf of Oriana House so grant money can be placed in the fund for recovery housing.
* Placing Thallman Ditch on permanent maintenance.