Commissioners to talk meeting schedule, poster contest Tuesday
[Tiffin, OH Dec. 3, 2018] – Seneca County commissioners are to meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
During new business, the board will consider making changes to its meeting schedule and committee appointments for 2019. These decisions are typically finalized during a reorganizational meeting, which is one of the board’s first meetings of a new year.
In other action, the commissioners will congratulate the winners of the Seneca County Museum Advisory Board’s 2018 poster contest.
The contest was for Seneca County students in grades 3-8. All of the 121 participants will receive a county museum t-shirt, and the best entries from each age group (3rd and 4th grade, 5th and 6th grade, and 7th and 8th grade) took home cash prizes of $250, $100 or $50. The winners were honored during an event at the museum Saturday.
The winners were Olivia Dotson, of Noble; Aubrey Gottfried of Mohwak; Grace Tackett, of Old Fort; Vincent Kidwell, of Tiffin Middle School; Brooklyn Riggs, of Noble; Caden Elchert, of Tiffin Middle School; Livyana Kaiser, of Seneca East; Tori Losey, of Hopewell-Loudon; and Alexis Margraf, of Seneca East. To view the winning entries, visit https://senecacountyohio.gov/museum-advisory-board-poster-contest-winners-announced/.
In other business, the board is expected to receive an update about the Ohio Public Works Commission. The county typically gets a significant amount of grant funding for infrastructure from the OPWC.
Also during the meeting, book-keeping policies will be discussed concerning fund advances and advance repayments.
Commissioners also are to hold an executive session at 10:30 a.m. to discuss the sale of property.
During appropriations, the board is to consider:
* A $68,000 supplemental appropriation to the Child Support Enforcement Fund for contract services.
* A $5,000 supplemental contribution to the Real Estate Assessment Fund for equipment.
* A $156,000 supplemental appropriation from the General Fund to the Capital Improvements Fund.
* A repayment of $243,107 from the Community Development Block Grant 2017 Fund back to the General Fund. The General Fund previously provided an advance for CDBG projects.
* An application for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Grant on behalf of Oriana House. The grant would assist Oriana House in funding substance abuse and mental health services.