Commissioners to hear an update from the Department of Job and Family Services
[Tiffin, OH Feb. 6, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The meeting is to feature an annual report from the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services. The report will review 2018. The board also is to hear an update from the Court Appointed Special Advocates of Seneca, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties.
During old business, the commissioners are to discuss a contract with Fostoria Economic Development Corp. The commissioners have not had a contract with economic development organizations in the past, but they are considering approving contracts in the future so they can specifically state duties and responsibilities.
The board also is to consider an airport appraisal review.
In new business, the commissioners are to consider an estimate for a Cemetery Drive project which might use products made from recycled material and grant money from Ottawa-Sandusky-Seneca Joint Solid Waste District.
Also during the meeting, the commissioners are to consider:
• Appointing special counsel for the Seneca County General Health District, retroactive to Jan. 30.
• Contracting with Bill Jones of Re/Max Real Estate and Auction Services for the auction of 108 Jefferson St., Tiffin’s original Carnegie library.
• Contracting with North Central Ohio Educational Service Center to provide staff and instruction for the Seneca County Youth Center.
• Authorizing a participation agreement with CCAO Service Corp. of the County Commissioner Association of Ohio.
• Establishing a Federal Opioid Specific Grants Fund.
• A supplemental appropriation of $840 to the Sewer District Fund – Bascom Capital Improvements.
• Supplemental appropriations and appropriation adjustments submitted by county offices, retroactive to Jan. 1.
• Authorizing the sale of two cars by the sheriff – a 2009 Ford Crown Victoria and a 2005 Ford Crown Victoria.