Commissioners to hear from project management firm, recognize dog of the year
[Tiffin, Ohio – Jan. 17, 2023] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 12th at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
During appointments, the commissioners are expected to hear from Doug Smith, of Blue Streak Project Management.
According to the organization’s website, Blue Streak offers no-cost construction project management services for public entities, available through a cooperative program. Construction management is a set fee based on construction dollars.
At about 10:45 a.m., Marquita and Jerry Smith and their dog Buddy are scheduled to visit the meeting. Buddy is to receive the Seneca County Dog of the Year Award and is to be given a proclamation in his honor.
Several years ago, Buddy was living in a pipe at a grain elevator in Fostoria when he was found. He was in poor health, with hundreds of ticks and sores. Marker helped bring Buddy back to health and the Smith family adopted him.
Buddy is currently competing in a national competition to be named America’s Favorite Pet 2023.
In new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• An $8,000 and a $600 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for Sheriff leases.
• An 48,036.54 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for the Auditor’s Office Licenses/Services.
• A $3,000 supplemental appropriation to the Auditor’s Office for contract services.
• A $230,000 supplemental appropriation to the Ambulance Services Fund for an ambulance replacement.
• A $7,118.50 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund for contract services.
• A $1,089 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects Fund for contract services.
• A $4,200 supplemental appropriation to the Wireless 911 Fund for software license/services.
• A resolution establishing the 2023 Seneca County Façade Enhancement Program Guidelines, effective Feb. 1, 2023.
• Reappointing Greg Edinger and Tyler Shuff to the Great Lakes Communication Action Partnership Board for 2023.