Commissioners to host regular session, first budget hearing Thursday morning
[Tiffin, OH – Oct. 12, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:30 a.m., the commissioners are expected to go into an executive session for personnel.
At 1 p.m., the commissioners are to host a budget hearing. You can view the budget hearing in person at the commissioners’ office or you can use the Facebook and Zoom info from above. This is the first of several scheduled hearings as the commissioners continue the budgeting process.
During new business, the board is to consider:
• An $800,000 supplemental appropriation to the County Capital Projects Fund for work at the airport. The funding is an advance that is to be reimbursed by federal funds.
• Supplemental appropriations totaling $65,000 to the Maintenance and Repair Fund ($60,000 for diesel fuel and $5,000 for gasoline).
• A $14,000 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted-Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund for contract services.
• A resolution setting time, date and place for a public hearing concerning the potential designation of restricted areas for construction of an economically significant wind farm, large wind farm or large solar facility in the unincorporated areas of the county.
• The purchase of a 2022 Wheeled Coach 170″ Module Ford F450 4X4 through the Ohio Department of Administrative Services – Cooperative Purchasing Program.
• An advance repayment from the Wolf Creek Ditch Fund to the General Fund of $8,883.86.