Commissioners to host regular session, budget hearings Thursday afternoon
[Tiffin, OH – Oct. 19, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at noon Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The meeting is to start at noon because the commissioners are speaking with students at Calvert Catholic Schools at 9:30 a.m.
The commissioners also are slated to host budget hearings beginning at 1 p.m. Thursday.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
Before the meeting, each of the commissioners are scheduled to speak with Mrs. Megan Schultz’s 9th-grade Skills for Life class. Schultz asked the board to speak for 10-15 minutes each on using analytical skills to improve the community.
During the session Thursday, the commissioners are expected to hear an update from the Family and Children First Council at about noon.
At about 12:15 p.m., Seneca County Airport Operator Brad Newman is slated to address the commissioners.
The board also is scheduled to hear from several county departments concerning 2022 budget requests during the budgeting hearings that begin at 1 p.m.
During new business, the board is to consider:
• A $187,500 supplemental appropriation to the Probation Funding Grant Fund for contract services
• A $36,350 supplemental appropriation to the Justice Reinvestment and Incentive Grant Fund for contract services.
• A $250,000 supplemental appropriation to the Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services Grant Fund for contract Services.
• A $100,000 supplemental appropriation to the Mental Health and Recovery Services Grant fund for contract services.
• A $68,075 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund for contract services.
• A $3,079.84 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Expansion Fund for other expenses.
• Several supplemental appropriations totaling $24,437.78 to the Victims of Crime Act Expansion Fund.
• A $2,025 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects Fund for contract services.
• A $1,500 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for examinations for county offices.
• A $64 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for Vital Statistics Fees.
• A $6,610 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund.
• A fund advance from the General Fund to the County Sales Tax Bond Retirement Fund for $44,398.60.
• A resolution establishing the OCJS Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program – Hazard Pay Fund.
• A resolution establishing the OCJS Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program – Supplies and Equipment Fund
• A resolution amending unpaid assessments to the county auditor for collection.
• A resolution authorizing assessment refunds as determined by the Seneca Conservation District.