Commissioners to receive sealed bids for property in Fostoria
Also to consider several appropriations and resolutions
[Tiffin, OH Oct. 1, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
At 10:15 a.m. the board is to open sealed bids for property in Fostoria at 801 Kirk St. During the Sept. 5 meeting, the commissioners declared that the property was no longer needed for public use.
The building houses the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership (formerly WSOS), the Head Start program and other services, and the purchase requires a five-year lease remain in place for those programs.
In other action, the commissioners are to consider the purchase of a new vehicle for Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* A $22,000 supplemental appropriation to the Emergency Management Agency Fund for contract services.
* A $10,720 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects Fund for Microfilm contract services.
* An $800 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects fund for other expenses.
* A $188,979.11 supplemental appropriation to the Justice Center Construction Fund to the transfers out line.
* An addendum to the cooperative development agreement with the city of Tiffin and Hopewell Township. The addendum makes no changes to the 1999 agreement between the three entities but would extend it through April 11, 2020.
* Accepting the amounts and rates determined by the county’s budget commissioner and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to County Auditor Julie Adkins.
* Accepting the bid of GD Century Farms, of New Riegel, to lease 63.75 acres of county-owned farmland located in Hopewell Township. The bid amount for the lease was $261 per tillable acre.
* Accepting the bid and authorizing a contract with Rush Trucker Centers of Ohio, Inc. for a 64-passenger school bus on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center. The bid was for $96,272 and included alternate options.