Pre-meeting release for 2/14 session
Commissioners to hear from EMA and SCAT Director Tuesday morning
[Tiffin, OH – Feb. 13, 2023] — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. on Tuesday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., Seneca County Emergency Management Agency Administrator John Spahr is expected to speak with the commissioners about the upcoming April 8, 2024, Solar Eclipse.
Spahr will update the board concerning ongoing efforts to prepare the community for the once-in-a-lifetime event.
At about 10:30 a.m. Seneca Crawford Area Transportation Executive Director Mary Habig is scheduled to speak with the commissioners.
During new business, the board is to consider:
• A $45,197.21 supplemental appropriation to the Community Development Block Grant Fund for the Fostoria ADA ramps project.
• A $13,142.87 supplemental appropriation to the Enterprise Zone Fund for contract services.
• A $431,800 supplemental appropriation to the Community-Based Correction Facility Fund for capital improvements.
• A $1,098 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects fund for contract services.
• A $3,900 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for software licenses/services.
• A fund transfer to the Laon Repayment Fund.
• A fund transfer to the Justice Center Operating Fund.
• Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for the CR 27, 38 and TR 194 superstructure replacement – prestressed box beams project.
• Authorizing Oriana House to enter into a contract with JB Roofing.