Pre-meeting release for 2/23 session
Commissioners to consider appropriations and resolutions Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – Feb. 23, 2023] — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. on Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:30 a.m., the board is scheduled for an executive session.
During new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• A $19,000 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund for contract services.
• A $1,200 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects Fund for contract services.
• An $80,000 supplemental appropriation to the County Capital Projects Fund for equipment.
• A $179,630 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the Transfer Out Line.
• A $15,000 supplemental appropriation to the Ambulance Service Fund for equipment.
• A $67,559.83 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for the Justice Center and a fund transfer in the same amount from the General Fund to the Justice Center Capital Improvement Fund.
• A $1,000,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the Transfer Out Line and a fund transfer in the same amount from the General Fund to the Capital Improvement Fund.
• Fund transfers of $160,000, $10,000 and $179,630 from the General Fund, Soil and Water Local Government Fund and the General Fund, respectively, to various Soil and Water funds.
• A $66,186.50 fund transfer from the Public Assistance Fund to the County Share-other Fund.
• Amending a resolution authorizing Oriana House to enter into a contract with JB Roofing.
• The appointment of special counsel for the commissioners.
• Establishing the Seneca County Building Department.
• Requesting certification to enforce state building codes within the county.
• A memorandum of understanding between the County Child Support Enforcement Agency and Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services.
• Authorizing the non-federal reimbursable agreement between the Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration and the commissioners.