Commissioners to honor AmeriCorps volunteers, Ohio 4-H Week Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – March 8th, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10 a.m., volunteers from AmeriCorps Seniors are to speak with the commissioners about the work that they do. The commissioners are also to present a proclamation to the group recognizing March 13-19 as AmeriCorps Week.
At about 10:15 a.m., Seneca County Sheriff Stevens is expected to visit the board session to discuss the Mobile Crisis Response Team.
Later on, local members of 4-H clubs are to join the meeting to receive a proclamation recognizing March 6-12 as Ohio 4-H Week.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* Supplemental appropriations totaling $1,700 to the Concealed Handgun Licenses Fund.
* A $.40 supplemental appropriation to the Differential Response Fund (Department of Job and Family Services) for contract services.
* A $6,625 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract Services.
* A $118,909 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund to the Transfers Out Line.
* An appropriation adjustment to the Opportunity Park Improvements Fund of $196,000 for contract services.
* A resolution authorizing fund transfers to be made to the Soil and Water Fund, moving $118,909 from the General Fund to the Soil and Water Fund.
* A fund advance from the General Fund to the County Community Development Block Grant 2021 Fund of $15,000.
* Appointing the health commissioner to establish a hybrid drug overdose and suicide facility review committee.
* Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for the TR 132, CR 49 and TR 8 superstructure replacement (prestressed box beams) project).
* Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for the 2022 pavement markings project.