Commissioners to open bids for Eden Township agricultural lease Thursday
[Tiffin, OH March 16, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 11 a.m. Thursday for a regular board session.
The meeting is at 11 instead of the usual 10 a.m. start because of scheduling conflicts.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92595230790?pwd=c0d1cVJ0MVY4RXUwSERweXo4SnE2QT09.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790. The passcode for the meeting is 453802. Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID and then enter the passcode.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
During appointments, the board is to open bids for a farm lease of about 146 acres of county-owned land in Eden Township.
Also during the session, the board is expected to discuss its Road Use and Maintenance Agreement with Republic Wind.
A RUMA is an agreement between local governments and private energy developers to repair and maintain roadways damaged or degraded by the traffic associated with energy extraction.
In September 2019, the commissioners tabled two resolutions that would have rescinded and replaced the 2016 RUMA to reflect that some townships had withdrawn from the agreement to negotiate their own. At the time, Commissioner Mike Kerschner and Commissioner Tony Paradiso made comments about wanting to make changes to the agreement, since the proposed industrial wind turbine projects for the county are large in scale.
“These are extraordinary projects, I don’t want the ordinary RUMA to apply,” Kerschner said during a 2019 meeting on the issue.
The issue has not been raised since the end of last year, but the commissioners are expected to discuss the issue Thursday.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* A $142,125 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for airport contract services.
* A $1,250 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for professional services.
* A $4,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for travel and expenses.
* A $6,000 supplemental appropriation to the Real Estate Assessment Fund for travel and expenses.
* A $6,750 supplemental appropriation to the Concealed Handgun Licenses Fund for equipment.
* A $1,401.25 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for training.
* The Ohio Dept. of Transportation road salt contract for 2021 on behalf of the county engineer.
* Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for CR 48 pavement resurfacing.
* Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for a seven-passenger minivan and one rear-entry wheelchair ramp minivan conversion for the Seneca County Opportunity Center.
* Authorizing the IV-D service contract between the county common please courts, juvenile clerk and magistrate, the clerk of courts and Seneca County on behalf of the Seneca County Dept. of Job and Family Services.