Commissioners to recognize Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – Feb. 28, 2023] — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. on Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., officials from the Seneca County Opportunity Center are to join the meeting to accept a proclamation from the commissioners recognizing March as Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month.
Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Bryce Riggs is expected to provide an update to the board at about 10:30 a.m.
During new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• A $55,365.58 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Grant Fund and a resolution in the same amount authorizing a fund transfer from the VOCA Grant Fund to the VOCA Fund.
• A $3,247.66 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for software licenses/services.
• A $3,810 supplemental appropriation to the Emergency Management Fund for leases.
• A $14,000 supplemental appropriation to the Ambulance Service Fund for training/education.
• An appropriation adjustment in the General Fund moving $29,000 from the professional services line to the software services line.
• A resolution establishing the Indigent Driver Alcohol Treatment and Indigent Drivers Interlock and Alcohol Monitoring Fund on behalf of the Juvenile/Probate Court.
• Authorizing the IV-D service contract between the county common pleas courts, the juvenile clerk, juvenile magistrate, clerk of courts, sheriff’s office and the county on behalf of the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services.
• Rescinding the amended resolution authorizing Oriana House to enter into a contract with JB Roofing.
• Resolution resolving the balances of two bank accounts on behalf of the treasurer’s office.
• An engineering services agreement with Stantec Consulting Services for the 2023 land acquisition assistance agreement and all other related documents.
• The contract between Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Services and the county for tourism-related services, effective from Jan. 1, 2024 through 2026.