Commissioners to hear more about community kitchen, Handle With Care Program
[Tiffin, OH March 23, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday for a regular board session.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92595230790?pwd=c0d1cVJ0MVY4RXUwSERweXo4SnE2QT09.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790. The passcode for the meeting is 453802. Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID and then enter the passcode.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
At about 10 a.m., Rev. Aaron Gerlach, of Old Trinity Episcopal Church, and Audrey Flood, of Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and Seneca County Common Ground, are to address the board.
The two are expected to give an update on the Tiffin Community Kitchen project. The 2.4-million project will focus on connecting local growers and businesses to the community, providing opportunities for groups to cook and eat together, housing a diverse set of cooking classes and creating ways to give back to the community by preparing food. The project includes the creation of a kitchen space that is connected to the church building at 125 E. Market St.
Also during appointments, Family and Children First Council Start Coordinator Jill Gosche is expected to speak to the commissioners about the recently announced Handle with Care Program. The program formally links first-responders to schools in an effort to avoid retraumatizing children after a traumatic event. The program is being implemented in Tiffin City Schools.
Also during appointments, a bid opening is to occur at 10:15 a.m. for a new bus for the Seneca County School of Opportunity and a public hearing is to be held at 10:30 a.m. for the Community Development Block Grant Program.
In new business, the commissioners are expecting to hear a request from the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* A $1,440 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund.
* An $886.51 supplemental appropriation to the Dog and Kennel Fund.
* A $13,927.09 supplemental appropriation to the Real Estate Assessment Fund.
* A $1,469.69 supplemental appropriation to the Seneca County Employees Health Fund.
* A $2,200.59 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Fund.
* A $6,141 supplemental appropriation to the Revolving Loan Fund.
* A $93,119.23 fund transfer from the Transfers Out line to the VOCA Grant Fund.
* Appointing members to the Revolving Loan Fund board.
* Appointing Commissioner Anthony Paradiso to represent the board on the District Public Works Integrating Committee for Ohio Public Works Commission District 16, expiring April 30, 2024.
* Hiring Meredith Boes as a full-time EMT-Basic for Seneca County EMS.