Pre-meeting release for 3/31 session
Commissioners to hear from local transportation agency, host two bid openings
[Tiffin, OH – March 29th, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At the beginning of the meeting, Seneca-Crawford Area Transportation Executive Director Mary Habig is expected to address the board. Habig is to ask the commissioners to submit a recommendation letter to the Ohio Department of Transportation to make SCAT the Rural Transit Program Grantee from 2023-2025.
In 2019, the board of Shayne Thomas, Mike Kerschner and Holly Stacy, submitted a similar letter at the request of SCAT.
That discussion is to be followed by bid openings at 10:15 and 10:30 a.m. for the 2022 Chip Seal Project and a superstructure replacement (prestressed box beams) project, respectively.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* A $998.11 supplemental appropriation to the Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Planning Fund for inmate psychotropic medication (a payment correction).
* A fund advance repayment from the Bulletproof Vest Grant Fund back to the General Fund.
* A fund advance repayment from the Impaired Driving Enforcement Program (IDEP) Fund to the General Fund.
* A fund advance repayment from the Fiscal Year 2020 IDEP Fund to the General Fund.
* A fund advance repayment from the Fiscal Year 2020 Selective Traffic Enforcement Program to the General Fund.
* A fund transfer for the LGF Alternate Formula to the Ambulance Service Fund.
* A fund transfer for the LGF Alternate Formula to the EMA Fund.
* An interim EMS agreement with Jackson-Liberty-Bettsville Joint Ambulance District, effective Dec. 8, 2021.
* The re-designation of Rural Public Transit Grantee.