Commissioners to speak with airport operator, open bids for CR 48 project
[Tiffin, OH March 30, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday for a regular board session.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92595230790?pwd=c0d1cVJ0MVY4RXUwSERweXo4SnE2QT09.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790. The passcode for the meeting is 453802. Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID and then enter the passcode.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
At about 10 a.m., the commissioners are slated to meet with Seneca County Airport Operator Brad Newman.
At about 10:15, the board is scheduled to open bids for the CR 48 pavement resurfacing project.
At about 11 a.m., Reverend Paul Stark, from Heidelberg University, is expected to discuss a proposed Martin Luther King Jr. monument project to the board.
In October, Stark was joined by members of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day Committee to request that a statue honoring King be placed on the property at the Seneca County Justice Center. Stark said the MLK Jr. Day Committee has celebrated the work of King in Seneca County for more than 30 years. He said the committee felt it was time to build off the annual celebration and other events to inspire Seneca County citizens every day.
At the time, the commissioners agreed to send the issue to a committee to seek more public input before making a final decision on the memorial.
Also, the commissioners are to host a Zoom session at 7 p.m. Thursday to continue discussions about the future of Seneca County EMS with stakeholders from across the community.
Residents may join that meeting via this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83284774439?pwd=UkhHT0gxeDhxZ1NBMU4zcUF1YzVRQT09, or online at the Seneca County Commissioners Facebook page.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* A $3,395 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for software licenses/services.
* A $13,983.96 supplemental appropriation to the County Coronavirus Relief Distribution Fund for salaries.
* A $375,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund transfers out line, with a subsequent fund transfer in the same amount to the Budget Stabilization Fund.
* An $85,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for equipment-auto.
* A $50,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for equipment.
* Entering into an administration agreement for the Seneca County Economic Development Revolving Loan Fund, valid through Dec. 31, 2023.
* An agreement with the Village of Attica on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office, for a vehicle the village no longer needs in return for law enforcement services.