Pre-meeting release for 4/20/23
Commissioners to hear from Fostoria Economic Development Corp. President Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – April 18, 2023] — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., Fostoria Economic Development Corp. President Renee Smith is expected to provide an update to the commissioners.
At 10:30 a.m., a bid opening is scheduled for the CR 62 pavement repair project.
Later in the session, Michelle Hess, Tri-County Assistant and Communications Coordinator for Court-Appointed Special Advocates of Seneca, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties, is to provide an update.
During old business, the commissioners are expected to discuss the Seneca County Airport.
Also during the meeting, the commissioners are set to enter into an executive session to consider the discipline of a public employee.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* A $3,310 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the Public Assistance line.
* A $9,715 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the Inmate Psychotropic Medication line.
* An $8 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the Vital Statistics line.
* A $1,200 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects Fund for contract services.
* A $690 supplemental appropriation to the Concealed Carry Fund for software licenses/services.
* A $9,000 supplemental appropriation to the Delinquent Care and Custody Fund for travel.
* Appointing David Johnston as the Apiary Inspector for Seneca County.
* Signing the 2024 Workers’ Compensation Group Retrospective Rating Plan agreement between the county and the County Commissioners Association of Ohio.
* Accepting the bid from A&A Safety for the 2023 Pavement Marking Project. The bid for the project was $84,228.66.
* Accepting the bid from Allied Construction for the 2023 Seneca County Chip Seal Project. The bid for the project was $625,412.67.
* Setting date and time for the viewing and public hearing for the potential vacation of an unnamed alley located in the hamlet of Caroline, located in Venice Township.
* Approving a contract with Oriana House for the PIVOT Program, retroactively to July 1, 2022.
* Amending the county’s fee schedule for indigent defense cases.
* Supporting the appointment of J. Dian West to the OSS Solid Waste District Policy Committee Board.
* Supporting the appointment of Dr. Lora Wolph to the OSS Solid Waste District Policy Committee Board.