Commissioners to recognize Child Abuse Prevention Month Thursday morning
[Tiffin, OH – April 25, 2023] — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., local resident Amy Laird is scheduled to meet with the commissioners to discuss Child Abuse Prevention Month. The commissioners plan to present a proclamation to Laird recognizing the cause.
Laird’s son, Alec Van Beveren, has shaken baby syndrome and quadriplegic cerebral palsy.
Laird is expected to share information about Alec’s story and talk about the Court-Appointed Special Advocates Program and how it helped them 25 years ago, and how she now volunteers through the program to help others. Laird’s goal is to continue to raise awareness for Child Abuse Prevention.
You can learn more about Alec’s story here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100070351801700
In other action, the commissioners are expected to enter into an executive session to consider the employment of a public employee.
In new business the board is to consider:
* A $1,600 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for a grant to the Attica Independent Fair.
* A $10,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for equipment at the jail.
* A $1,500 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for advertising.
* An $11,370 supplemental appropriation to the JRIG Grant Fund for contract services.
* A $1,596 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects Fund for contract services.
* A $40,964.20 supplemental appropriation to the Commissary Fund for software licenses/services.
* A $3,875 supplemental appropriation to the Commissary Fund for supplies.
* A $53,693 supplemental appropriation to the Commissary Fund for equipment.
* A $3,000 supplemental appropriation to the Concealed Carry Fund for supplies.
* A $5,000 supplemental appropriation to the Capital Projects Fund for the southwest EMS station project.
* A $1,800 supplemental appropriation to the Capital Projects Fund for the county airport.
* A resolution accepting Erie Blacktop’s bid for the CR 62 Pavement Repair Project. The bid was for $88,053.50.
* Signing an application for the Ohio Department of Transportation Office of Aviation Grant.
* Appointing Jami hill as a County Prevention Specialist to the Northwest Ohio Regional Prevention Council.