Commissioners to hold an off-site meeting in Pleasant Township
Quarterly OSU extension office report on the agenda
[Tiffin, OH April 29, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Pleasant Township House, 850 East TR 15, Old Fort.
The off-site meeting is part of a commitment by the commissioners to periodically meet in different townships across the county for evening meetings.
During appointments, the board is to receive an update from the Ohio State University Extension Office. The report is given to the board quarterly.
The OSU Extension Office added a new educator, Hallie Williams, to the team last year.
The office focuses on giving assistance to farmers throughout the county, while also helping youths through several programs.
The office also helps local crop and livestock producers by providing research-based information from Ohio State.
In old business, the board is to discuss the Ottawa-Sandusky-Seneca Solid Waste District.
The district currently is searching for a new director, because current director Tim Wasserman is to retire in September after 32 years of public service.
Visit the county’s website at this link to find more information related to the job posting.
During resolutions, the board is to consider:
- A $90,000 supplemental appropriation to the Workforce Investment Act Fund.
- A $4,000 supplemental appropriation to the Probate and Juvenile Court Computer Fund for contract services.
- A $12,000 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund for contract services.
- A $100,000 supplemental appropriation to the Seneca County Justice Center Operating Fund for contract services including maintenance, utilities and landscaping.
- Authorizing the Seneca County Common Pleas Court I to utilize credit cards for expenditures, retroactive to April 15.
- Authorizing the satisfaction of mortgager for Adam Barchus for the satisfaction of his loan with the Seneca County Board of Commissioners for work done through the Community Housing Improvement Program, Fiscal Year 2006, due to foreclosure.
- Authorizing the satisfaction of mortgager for Thomas and Jane Cooper for the satisfaction of their loan with the Seneca County Board of Commissioners for work done through the Community Housing Improvement Program, Fiscal Year 2006, due to foreclosure.
- Fixing the date and time for viewing and public hearing for the potential vacation of the Perry-Wilhelm Tile Group.