Pre-meeting release for 5/20 session
Commissioners to participate in ditch hearings, open bids for roof project
[Tiffin, OH May 18, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday for a regular board session.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92595230790?pwd=c0d1cVJ0MVY4RXUwSERweXo4SnE2QT09.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790. The passcode for the meeting is 453802. Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID and then enter the passcode.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
At about 10:10 a.m., a joint ditch maintenance hearing is to occur between the Wood, Sandusky and Seneca County commissioners followed by another ditch hearing featuring the Sandusky and Seneca County commissioners.
At about 10:30 a.m., the board is to open bids for a roof replacement project. The project is to replace the shingle roof on the buildings that house the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services, the Seneca County Engineer’s Office and the Seneca Park District.
The commissioners also are to enter an executive session for collective bargaining at 11 a.m.
In new business, the board is to consider:
• A $6,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for travel of board members.
• A $500 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for travel of precinct judges.
• A $3,500 supplemental appropriation to the Juvenile Program and Services Fund.
• A contract with InTime Services Inc. on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.
• Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for capital improvements at the CROSSWAEH facility.
• Hiring Brandon Gebauer as full-time EMT-Basic for Seneca County EMS, effective May 24, 2021.
• Entering into an agreement with Macdonald, Friedberg, Carr and Dixon (MFCD) on behalf of the Seneca County Clerk of Courts.
• Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for one, seven-passenger, two-wheelchair accessible van on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center.
• Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for CR 47 pavement resurfacing project on behalf of the Engineer’s Office.
• Hiring a Human Resources Director.