Pre-meeting release for 5/9 session
Commissioners to receive update from First Step personnel
Also to hold a work session related to software and human resources
[Tiffin, OH May 7, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 11 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The meeting is moved back to 11 so the commissioners can attend the Signing Day event at Tiffin Columbian High School. The event celebrates high school seniors as they prepare to move on to the next chapter of their lives. Students at the event will sign letters of intent to colleges, military branches, adult education programs and internships and apprenticeships.
Also during the meeting, Kelley Beckett, from First Step, is to give an update to the commissioners about her organization.
First Step, which is headquartered in Fostoria, helps people get out of bad situations. According to the organization’s website, the mission of First Step is to help victims of domestic violence find a new beginning. First Step offers advocacy services, case management, shelter services and more.
After the commissioners’ board meeting at 11, they will reconvene at 1 p.m. for a work session dedicated to software and human resources.
During resolutions, the board is to consider:
* An $85,355 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract services.
* A $16,576 fund transfer from the General Fund to the Capital Improvement Fund.
* A $30,900 fund transfer to the Justice Center Improvement/Replacement Fund.
* Entering into a contract with Elections Systems and Software, LLC, on behalf of the Seneca County Board of Elections.
* Reappointing Celinda Scherger to the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties.
* Reappointing Patrick J. Del Turco to the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties.