Commissioners to recognize local athletes, meet with new TSEP president
[Tiffin, OH – July 12, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10 a.m., Clyde High School’s Brady Wilson is expected to be in attendance to accept a proclamation honoring him for his state championship in track. Later on, the Tiffin Calvert Girls 4×200 relay team which also won a track state championship is to be recognized with a proclamation.
At about 10:15 a.m., the board is to open sealed bids for the CR 24 paving project.
At about 11 a.m., former Tiffin mayor and new Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership President and CEO Aaron Montz is expected to address the board. The commissioners worked closely with Montz in his former position, but they look forward to working even closer with him as he heads up economic and community development for all of Seneca County.
In new business, the commissioners are to consider:
* A $20,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for insurance claims.
* A $560,300.60 supplemental appropriation for Issue 1 contracts/projects.
* A $2,312 supplemental appropriation to the Seneca County Sewer District Replacement and Improvement fund for capital improvements.
* A $50,000 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for equipment.
* A $3,320.80 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects Fund for contract services.
* A $7,177.74 supplemental appropriation (correction) to the Sheriff Comm Fund for services and another appropriation in the same amount to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund for contract services.
* Supplemental appropriations totaling $23,440 for the Juvenile Program and Services Fund.
* The contract between the Seneca County Joint Ambulance District and the Seneca County Prosecutor for legal services.
* Accepting the bid and entering into a contract with Smith Paving and Excavating, for the village of New Riegel sidewalk replacement project to be paid with Community Development Block Grant Funds from Program Year 2021.
* Accepting the bid and entering into a contract with Smith Paving and Excavating, for the city of Fostoria ADA-compliant sidewalk ramp program (South Countyline Street from Findlay Street to Culbertson Lane) to be paid with Community Development Block Grant Funds from Program Year 2021.
* A contract with Kelley A. Gorry of Rich and Gillis Law Group for legal services on behalf of the Seneca County Board of Revision.
* Accepting the bid and entering into an agreement with Helms and Sons Excavating for the parking lot project on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center.