Commissioners to hear update on county services building project, consider resolutions
[Tiffin, OH – August 17, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., team members of DLZ are expected to update the commissioners on the County Services Building wall, entrance and parking lot rebuild project. The CSB is home to Seneca Regional Planning Commission, Seneca County Board of Elections and Seneca County General Health District.
In July, County Board of Elections leaders told the commissioners that they planned to contribute $18,664.80 of state grant funds to assist with the project.
The project includes upgrading a pre-1865 wall of the building, including the entrance to the health department. The elections board money will help fund a portion of the project that brings the parking lot into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The renovation project addresses safety and aims to bring the entrance into full compliance with the ADA.
The board signed a contract with DLZ for architectural services for the project in June of 2019.
In new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• A $17,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for equipment.
• A $1,200.16 supplemental appropriation to the Juvenile Program and Services Fund for equipment.
• A $1,100 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for travel and expenses.
• A $1,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for travel and expenses.
• Authorizing annual assessments upon benefited landowners as defined in section 6131.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Approval of proposed maintenance work for several single county ditches presently under maintenance work for 2021 and approval of requests for maintenance assessments for maintenance work performed as submitted by Seneca Soil and Water Conservation District, Ditch Maintenance Department, and approved by the Seneca County Engineer.
• Authorizing Commissioner Anthony Paradiso to prepare and submit an application to participate in the Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement and/or Local Transportation Improvement Program and to execute contracts as required for Issue I – Round 36 for the county.
• Authorizing the board to sign the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Subsidy Grant agreement fiscal year 2021 on behalf of CROSSWAEH, effective July 1.