Commissioners to hear an update from Seneca County Sheriff Fred Stevens
[Tiffin, OH – Aug. 1, 2023] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook post will include a link to the Zoom session.
At 10 a.m. and 10:05 a.m., joint ditch hearings are scheduled with Sandusky and Crawford counties, respectively.
At about 10:10 a.m., Seneca County Sheriff Fred Stevens is scheduled to provide an update to the commissioners. Following Stevens’ update, members of the Seneca County Bicentennial Committee are scheduled to provide an update on plans for the county’s 200th anniversary next year. The county was fully organized on April 1, 1824.
Before the end of the meeting, the board is set to enter an executive session to discuss personnel – compensation.
In new business, the commissioners are to consider:
* An $8,162.15 supplemental appropriation to the County Capital Projects Fund for a commissioners’ office project.
* A $9,000 supplemental appropriation to the DLQ Care and Custody Grant Fund for other expenses.
* Approving the modification of the Seneca County Auditor’s Payroll Policy retroactive to Aug. 1.
* The establishment of an account maintenance fee for all sewer district customers due to the annual Tyler Tech subscription fee, retroactive to Jan. 1.
* Amending the designation of the county Emergency Planning Committee.
* Authorizing Seneca County Job and Family Services Director Kathy Oliver to act as the commissioners’ designee for approving inter-county adjustments of allocated funds, effective July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024.