Commissioners to host several hearings, consider appropriations and resolutions
[Tiffin, OH – Aug. 2, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
The meeting is to begin earlier than usual so the board can host a joint county ditch maintenance hearing with Huron County.
At about 9:45 a.m., the board is also expected to host a TEFRA hearing. The public hearing is concerning the potential issuance of hospital facilities revenue bonds to Merch Health. According to a pending resolution regarding this arrangement, any revenue bonds “shall not be and are not general obligations or bonded indebtedness of the county or any participating public hospital agency.”
The commissioners are also set for two executive sessions, one at 10 and one at 10:30.
During the meeting, the board is to announce the cancellation of the Aug. 4th EMS stakeholder meeting with the Seneca County Joint Ambulance District. District officials requested the cancelation so they could have more time to organize and work on several issues as the group prepares to campaign for a 2.5-mill levy for ambulance services.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* A $16,221.83 reduction in the Community Development Block Grant Transfers Out Line.
* An $808.91 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for leases.
* A $2,000 supplemental appropriation to the Housing Revolving Loan Fund for other administrative expenses.
* A contract between the Seneca County Airport and the commissioners for the airport lease and easement agreements.
* An amendment to the agreement with Buckeye IT Services, effective Aug. 1, 2022.
* The mutual aid agreement between Fostoria, Tiffin and Seneca County to establish the Black Swamp Emergency Services Unit on behalf of the sheriff’s office.
* Amending the designation of the Seneca County Emergency Planning Committee.