Commissioners to participate in several ditch hearings, consider financials
[Tiffin, OH – Sept. 14, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
The following joint-county ditch hearings are scheduled:
• 10:05 a.m. – Seneca/Huron counties
• 10:15 a.m. – Seneca/Sandusky counties
• 10:20 a.m. – Seneca/Crawford counties
• 10:30 a.m. – Seneca/Hancock counties
Later during the meeting, Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership leaders are expected to present quarterly economic/community development reports.
At about 11 a.m., a vacation hearing is to occur. The commissioners will open the floor to the public to hear any comments, questions or concerns about the pending vacation of a portion of Continental Street (Township Road 198 A), which is in section 24 of Hopewell Township. On July 19th, the Hopewell Township Trustees approved a resolution that formally asks the Seneca County Board of Commissioners to vacate the portion of the street.
In new business, the board is to consider:
• Several requests from the sheriff’s office equaling $375,167.07.
• A $14,000, $370 and $350 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for the prosecutor’s office.
• Two supplemental appropriations totaling $25,000 to the Maintenance and Repair Fund.
• A $13,133.84 supplemental appropriation to the DRETAC Fund (treasurer).
• A $26,500 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects Fund for equipment.
• A $5,000 supplemental appropriation to the DLQ Care and Custody Grant Fund.
• $35,980.00 of supplemental appropriations in the Victims of Crime Act Grant Fund.
• A $24,500 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund.
• A $50,000 supplemental appropriation to the Justice Center Operating Fund.
• Accepting the amounts and rates as determined by the Budget Commission and authorizing necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county auditor.
• Accepting the bid and contract with Midwest Contracting, on behalf of CROSSWAEH.
• Authorizing a real estate purchase agreement with Seneca County Re-Ad Industries.
• Authorizing the commissioners to sign the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction subsidy grant agreement for the T-CAP program.
• Authorizing an agreement with Stantec Consulting Services for engineer services for 2022 Ohio Department of Transportation improvements to the Seneca County Airport to replace runway lighting.
• Setting time, date and place for the public hearing to designate the restricted areas to prohibit the construction of an economically significant wind farm, large wind farm or large solar facility throughout unincorporated areas of the county.