Commissioners to discuss health insurance, open bids for county farmland Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – Sept. 20, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:45 a.m., First Insurance Employee Benefits Consultant Kim Bond is expected to discuss the recommendations of the county’s health insurance advisory committee.
Prior to Bond’s report, at about 10:30 a.m., the commissioners are to open bids for Section 25 of farmland in Hopewell Township.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* A $6,000 supplemental appropriation to the Ditch Maintenance Fund for supplies.
* An $11,349.31 supplemental appropriation to the Ditch Maintenance Fund.
* A $368.17 supplemental appropriation to the Foreclosure Special Projects Fund for software licenses/services.
* A $400,000 supplemental appropriation to the Public Assistance Fund.
* A $2,875 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract services.
* A $364,115.22 supplemental appropriation to the County Capital Projects Fund for work at the Seneca County Airport.
* Authorizing Seneca County School of Opportunity Superintendent Lew Hurst to sign all change orders for the school’s parking lot project.
* Accepting the plan design and establishing Seneca County’s premium contribution and the health insurance rates for 2023.
* Designating the official representative and alternate for the purpose of voting at the annual meeting of the County Commissioners Association of Ohio in 2022.
* Authorizing the county administrator and/or fiscal officer to sign purchase orders and appropriation adjustments for the commissioners’ office.