Commissioners to discuss mental health board merger, upcoming EMS meeting
[Tiffin, OH – Sept. 28, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:10 a.m., representatives from the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties are to visit the commissioners to discuss the addition of Ottawa County to the mental health board.
The tri-county board approved a resolution recently approving a merger with Ottawa County effective Oct. 1 and also agreed to expand its membership from 14 to 18, also effective Oct. 1.
In other action, the commissioners are to discuss Seneca County EMS. The board is to host an EMS stakeholder meeting on Thursday, Oct. 7 at 7 p.m. at the North Central Ohio Educational Service Center.
Also during the session, Seneca County Common Pleas Court Judge Steve Shuff is scheduled to speak with the commissioners about the probation department.
In new business, the board is to consider:
• A $232,450 supplemental appropriation to the Community-Based Correctional Facility for capital improvements.
• A contract with KWest Group for the airport drainage improvement project on behalf of the Seneca County Airport.
• A contract with E-Typist on behalf of the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services.
• An amendment to the IV-D Services contract for IV-D contract costs and availability of funds on behalf of Seneca County DJFS.
• Authorizing an amendment for Health Services Integration effective Oct. 1, on behalf of Seneca County EMS.