Board to welcome Commissioner Frankart, reorganize for 2023
[Tiffin, Ohio – Jan. 3, 2023] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 5th at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
During the session, the commissioners are expected to reorganize during the first meeting of 2023.
Commissioner Bill Frankart, who began a four-year term on Jan. 1, is to participate in his first session as a member of the board.
During the reorganization, the commissioners are expected to choose a president and vice chair for 2023. The board also is expected to discuss committee assignments for the year.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* An $88,335.07 supplemental appropriation to the BJA Grant Fund for contract services.
* Authorizing the Seneca County Engineer to hold an annual meeting of county and township authorities.
* The expenditure of funds for supplies for times of snow removal, emergencies and meetings held by the county engineer.
* Authorizing the county engineer to use the “force account” pursuant to Ohio Revised Code for the year 2023 in the matter of routine maintenance of equipment and yard facilities, such as emergency work as necessary.
* Authorizing the county engineer to prepare and submit an application to participate in the Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement and/or Local Transportation Improvement programs and to execute contracts as required for Issue 1 – Round 38 for Seneca County.
* Designating Mark R. Zimmerman as the authorized agent to participate in the Ohio Department of Transportation Purchasing Program.
* Appointing Seneca Conservation District as the Apiary Inspector for Seneca County.
* Amending the 2023 General Fund Budget per Court Order 22MS0488.