Pre-meeting release for 4/14 session
Commissioners to review property and liability insurance, open bids for paving project
[Tiffin, OH – April 12th, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10 a.m., the commissioners are to discuss the County-Risk Sharing Authority (CORSA) renewal review. CORSA is a property and liability risk-sharing pool.
Following this review, the commissioners are expected to open bids at around 10:15 a.m. for the 2022 pavement resurfacing project.
At 10:20 a.m., Seneca Regional Planning Commission Executive Director Charlene Watkins is scheduled to speak with the board about Sewer District billing software.
Later in the meeting, North Central Ohio Educational Service Center Director John Davoli is set to speak with the board about the ongoing rural broadband expansion initiative that multiple county entities are collaborating on.
At about 11 a.m., the commissioners are scheduled for an executive session to discuss personnel.
In new business, the board is to consider:
• A $120,000 supplemental appropriation to the COSSAP Fund.
• A $34,810 supplemental appropriation to the Seneca County Sewer District Replacement and Improvement Fund for various improvements.
• A $476,528.66 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for contracts/projects.
• An $80,000 supplemental appropriation to the County Capital Projects Fund for engineering costs.
• Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for the Ohio Public Works Commission Issue 1, Round 36 Program Year 2023 road project.
• Signing a quote and all necessary contractual documents with Tyler Technologies for the Sewer District Billing Software.