Pre-meeting release for 4/21 session
Commissioners to hear updates from dog warden, county museum director on Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – April 19, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., Seneca County Dog Warden Kelly Marker is to speak to the commissioners and give an annual report. Marker’s report is expected to be followed by a Seneca County Museum update from Director Theresa Sullivan.
Later, Fostoria Economic Development Corp. President Renee Smith is expected to speak to the commissioners about the county land bank.
In new business, the board is to consider:
• An $86,000 supplemental appropriation to the Opportunity Park Improvements Fund for capital improvements.
• A $4,000 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for hospitalization.
• A $10,000 supplemental appropriation to the Foster Children Donations Fund for other expenses.
• A $100,000 supplemental appropriation to the Mental Health and Recovery Services Grant for contract services.
• A $250,000 supplemental appropriation to the Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services Grant for contract services.
• A $2,000 supplemental appropriation to the Dog and Kennel Fund for supplies.
• Accepting a bid from Griffin Pavement Striping for the 2022 Pavement Marking Project. The Fremont company’s bid for the project was $92,452.05.
• Amending purchase orders due to scrivener’s error.