Commissioners to host two ditch hearings, enter into an executive session Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – Sept. 6, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15, the commissioners are scheduled for a joint-county ditch maintenance hearing with Sandusky County. After a recess, the commissioners are expected to re-enter the session at 2:30 p.m. for another ditch maintenance hearing, this time with the Crawford County Commissioners.
Thursday’s session is the final meeting for County Administrator Stacy Wilson after 16 years in her position. During last week’s meeting, the commissioners announced the hiring of the county’s Human Resources Director, Jaime Wolfe, as Wilson’s successor.
Also during the meeting, an executive session to discuss union negotiations is planned for 10:30 a.m.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* Supplemental appropriations totaling $50,110 to the Victims of Crime Act Grant Fund.
* A fund advance from the General Fund to the FY20 COSSAP (Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program Fund).
* Fund transfers to the Victims of Crime Act Grant Fund.
* The amounts and rates as determined by the Budget Commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county auditor entering an agreement with Great Lakes Community Action Partnership to facilitate, coordinate, draft and assist in the preparation and submittal of an Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections, Capital Improvement Local Jails application on behalf of the commissioners.
* Authorizing fund transfers to the Child Support Enforcement Fund.