TIFFIN-FOSTORIA MUNICIPAL COURT JUDGE – FILLING THE VACANT SEAT
[Tiffin, OH – June 27, 2022] — On Monday June 20, 2022, Tiffin City Council declared a vacancy in the office of judge for the Tiffin-Fostoria Municipal Court. See, Ordinance No. 22-53.
The process from here:
* The Governor may appoint a replacement who would serve until completion of the November 7, 2023 General Election official count, receipt of Commission from the Governor, and execution of a bond and oath of office.
* The Seneca County Board of Elections has nothing to do with the appointment process, and cannot answer any questions about the process. Questions must be directed to the office of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine.
* Petitions are available at the office of the Seneca County Board of Elections or on the Ohio Secretary of State website https://www.ohiosos.gov/elections/elections-officials/forms-petitions
* Partisan candidates who are interested in running to serve the balance of the current, unexpired term (from 2023 election until December 31, 2025) will need to run in the May 2, 2023 Primary Election.
* Partisan candidate petitions need to be submitted February 1, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
* Independent candidate petitions are due the day before primary election at 4:00 p.m. Any independent candidates whose petitions are certified would appear on the November 7, 2023 ballot.
February 1, 2023 at 4 p.m. – Partisan candidate petitions due
May 1, 2023 at 4 p.m. – Independent candidate petitions due
May 2, 2023 (6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.) – Primary Election
November 7, 2023 (6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.) – General Election
If you have any questions, please contact the Seneca County Board of Elections (419) 447-4424.