Commissioners receive one bid for building in Fostoria
Also approve vehicle purchase, several appropriations and resolutions
[Tiffin, OH Oct. 3, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners received one bid for a building in Fostoria during its meeting on Thursday morning.
The building, at 801 Kirk St., houses the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership (formerly WSOS), the Head Start program and other services, and the pending purchase of the property requires a five-year lease remain in place for those programs.
The one bid received was from GLCAP and was for $77,790.31.
County officials are to review the bid before moving forward with the transaction.
In other business, the commissioners scheduled a board meeting for Tuesday, Oct. 29, at 7 p.m. in Bloom Township. In recent years, the board has attempted to hold several evening off-site meetings throughout the county. The commissioners also agreed to hold several additional meetings for budget hearings, as needed, Nov. 5-8.
In other action, the board agreed to purchase a vehicle on behalf of the Department of Job and Family Services. DJFS personnel requested the vehicle earlier this year and will make payments on it through 2024. The total cost of the vehicle is about $22,022.70.
Also during the meeting, the commissioners approved a proclamation emphasizing the importance of kinship care. Kinship care refers to the care of children by relatives or close friends.
During new business, the board approved:
* A $22,000 supplemental appropriation to the Emergency Management Agency Fund for contract services.
* A $10,720 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects Fund for Microfilm contract services. This includes money for digitizing records.
* An $800 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects fund for other expenses.
* A $188,979.11 supplemental appropriation to the Justice Center Construction Fund to the transfers out line.
* A $100 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for travel.
* Accepting the amounts and rates determined by the county’s budget commissioner and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to County Auditor Julie Adkins.
* Accepting the bid of GD Century Farms, of New Riegel, to lease 63.75 acres of county-owned farmland located in Hopewell Township. The bid amount for the lease was $261 per tillable acre.
* Accepting the bid and authorizing a contract with Rush Trucker Centers of Ohio, Inc. for a 64-passenger school bus on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center. The bid was for $96,272 and included alternate options.