Commissioners to finalize committee assignments and re-organize for 2022 on Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – Jan. 4, 2022]– The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
Thursday’s session is the first of 2022, which means the commissioners are to focus on reorganizing.
This includes a decision on who will serve as board president and vice-chair. Other tasks include working toward finalizing a schedule and formalizing committee assignments for the year.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* Designating the board appointments for the commissioners in 2022.
* Establishing the ability to dispose of unneeded, obsolete or unfit county property by means of online internet auction as an alternative to public auction or sealed bid and charging county department administrators or directors with disposal management oversight; retroactive to Jan. 1, 2022.
* The re-organization of the board for 2022.
* Authorizing the Seneca County Engineer to hold an annual meeting of county and township authorities.
* The expenditure of funds for supplies for times of snow removal, emergencies and meetings held by the county engineer.
* Authorizing the county engineer to use the “force account” pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code Section 5543.19; for the year 2022 in the matter of routine maintenance of equipment and yard facilities, and such emergency work as necessary.
* Authorizing the county engineer to prepare and submit an application to participate in the Ohio Public Works Commission STATE Capital * Improvement and/or Local Transportation Improvement Program(s) and to execute contracts as required for Issue 1 – Round 37 for the county.
* Designating Mark R. Zimmerman as the authorized agent to participate in the Ohio Department of Transportation Cooperative Purchasing Program.
* A contract service agreement with Crawford County Board of Commissioners for the receipt, custody and care of Crawford County juveniles on behalf of the county youth center for 2022.
* A contract with Seneca County Family and Children First Council on behalf of the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services, effective Sept. 1. 2021.