Commissioners to hear an update from county chamber’s visitor services wing
[Tiffin, OH Jan. 14, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
At 10 a.m., personnel from the Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Services is to give an update to the commissioners. In the past, the board has heard from Destination Seneca County Marketing Director Brittany Cook. She typically provides information on some of the initiatives the organization is working toward and provides statistics and data on tax revenue brought in through tourism.
In other action, personnel from Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services and from the county auditor’s office are to address the board on the Wellness Program available for employees who have health insurance through the county.
In other business, the board is to hear from the auditor’s office for new equipment.
During new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• Certifying the 2019 county highway system mileage certificate.
• Re-appointing Carl Miller to the Sandusky, Seneca County, City of Tiffin Port Authority Board of Directors, term expiring March 1, 2024.
• Disposing of unneeded, obsolete or unfit county-owned property by means of online internet auction as an alternative to public auctions or sealed bid and charging county department administrators or directors with disposal management oversight, retroactive to Jan. 1, 2020.
• A contract with Crawford County Board of Commissioners for the receipt, custody and care of Crawford County juveniles on behalf of the Seneca County Youth Center for 2020.
• Establishing the Prosecutor DTAC Fund.