Commissioner to open bids for Health Department wall project, consider resolutions
[Tiffin, OH – Jan. 18, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
The commissioners also are to host a monthly EMS stakeholder meeting Thursday at 7 p.m. at the North Central Ohio Educational Service Center, 928 W. Market St.
Those who wish to view that session online can watch it on the Seneca County Commissioners Facebook page or by using the same Zoom information listed above.
At about 10:15 a.m., the commissioners are scheduled to open bids for the County Services Building/Health Department entrance project. The project is to bring the entrance up to Americans with Disabilities Act standards and upgrade the facade.
The commissioners last heard an update on the project from DLZ, the architect for the upgrade, on Aug. 19th.
The county has been working with DLZ on the project since June of 2019.
You can see the project renderings at this link.
In new business the commissioners are to consider:
– A $25,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for uninsured expenses.
– A $163,079.20 supplemental appropriation to the Bond Retirement Fund.
– A $6,240.56 supplemental appropriation to the Reclaimed Estates and Warrants Fund.
– A $15,023.50 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund for contract services.
– A $50,000 supplemental appropriation for loan repayment of note principal.
– A $30,000 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for reinforced steel.
– A $7,001.08 supplemental appropriation to the Fiscal Year 2022 Impaired Driving Enforcement Program and a $5,000 supplemental appropriation to the Fiscal Year 2022 Selective Traffic Enforcement Program.
– A resolution establishing the COVID-19 Vaccination Fund.
– Resolutions authorizing fund transfers to the Justice Center Operating Fund, the Justice Center Improvement/Replacement Fund, the Bond Retirement Fund and the Public Assistance Fund.
– Reappointing Commissioner Tyler Shuff to the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership for a one-year term through 2022.
– Reappointing Greg Edinger to the GLCAP board for a one-year term through 2022.
– A contract with Fostoria Economic Development through 2024.
– Appointing Seneca Conservation District as the apiary inspector for the county.
– The sewer billing and administrative contract service agreement between Seneca Regional Planning Commissioner and the commissioners on behalf of the county’s sanitary engineer, through 2022.
– The agreement with the Seneca County General Health District for 2022 nursing services on behalf of the county youth center. Effective Jan. 1, 2022.
– An agreement with Resource Solutions Associates on behalf of Seneca County Emergency Management Agency.