Pre-meeting release for 1/23 session
Commissioners to hear an annual update from Seneca County EMS personnel
[Tiffin, OH Jan. 21, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
At 10 a.m., Seneca County Emergency Services Director Ken Majors is to present the 2019 EMS annual report to the commissioners. Last year was the department’s 41st year in service.
In the past, Majors’ report has included run volume statistics, information on events that occurred during the year and an overall outlook on the future of EMS in the county.
To see Majors’ reports since 2013, visit this Google Drive link.
In other business, Seneca Conservation District Team Leader Beth Diesch is to discuss the Apiary Inspection Program. It is possible other counties would be interested in joining the county’s apiary inspection program.
According to the Ohio Department of Agriculture’s website, the Ohio Apiary Program coordinates the state and county inspection services that help to ensure a healthy beekeeping industry for the state’s more than 6,000 apiaries. The Apiary Program works with several national groups and the USDA in providing samples for the study of Colony Collapse Disorder which caused massive colony deaths in various parts of the nation, including Ohio.
By the end of the 2019 calendar year, 6,660 beekeepers were registered with a total of 9,038 apiaries in accordance with Ohio Revised Code section 909.02 with an estimated 45,276 colonies.
During new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• General Fund appropriations of $4,350 on behalf of the Seneca County Auditor’s Office. This would amend the 2020 budget to include an additional $1,000 for supplies, $300 for advertising and expenses, $2,000 for equipment, $500 for other expenses and $550 for travel and expenses.
• Supplemental appropriations for General and non-General Fund for 2020 beginning Jan. 1 and expiring Dec. 31.
• Appointing Commissioner Shayne Thomas to the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership for a one-year term.
• Reappointing Greg Edinger to the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership for a one-year term.
• Authorizing the county engineer to post bridge legal load limits on various bridges throughout the county.
• Authorizing the 2020 Wellness extra incentive premium differentials.