Commissioners to reorganize Thursday, consider financial commitments
[Tiffin, OH Jan. 7, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St., for the annual reorganization meeting.
At the beginning of the meeting, the commissioners are to elect a president for 2020. The Ohio Revised Code states the board must choose a president no later than the second Monday of January of each year.
The Seneca County commissioners have traditionally used this meeting to shuffle committee and board appointments and work on scheduling for the year.
During old business, the board is to consider making financial commitments to the Budget Stabilization Fund, for a future human resources department and for pay increases for employees.
On Dec. 26 during the final meeting of 2019, Commissioner Mike Kerschner suggested putting $125,000 into the county’s Budget Stabilization Fund and designating about $150,000 for the eventual creation of a human resources department. The commissioners agreed to consider these decisions in January when more is known about 2019 revenue figures. Further discussion on these issues is expected Thursday, including an updated financial report from County Administrator Stacy Wilson.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* A $75,000 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for equipment.
* A $30,000 supplemental appropriation to the Seneca County Employees Health Fund for Health Insurance Premiums.
* A $150,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the transfers out line.
* A $150,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contingencies.
* A fund transfer from the General Fund to the Budget Stabilization Fund of $150,000.
* A refund for certain landowners within the Perry-Wilhelm Tile Group in Bloom Township.
* Authorizing the Seneca County Engineer to hold an annual meeting of county and township authorities.
* Designating County Engineer Mark Zimmerman as the authorizing agent to participate in the Ohio Department of Transportation Cooperative Purchasing Program.
* Authorizing the expenditure of funds for supplies for times of snow removal, emergencies and meetings held by the Seneca County Engineer.
* Authorizing Zimmerman to use the Force Account pursuant to Ohio law in 2020 in the matter of routine maintenance of equipment and yad facilities.
* Allowing Zimmerman to prepare and submit an application to participate in the Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement and/or Local Transportation Improvement Programs.