Pre-meeting release for 10/24 session
Commissioners to receive update on bus transit plan Thursday morning
[Tiffin, OH Oct. 22, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at their office, 111 Madison St.
The meeting is to begin with a 9:30 a.m. appointment with RLS & Associates, the Dayton company that is working on a potential bus transit plan for the county and the city of Tiffin.
The plan is to establish the timing of routes, how many buses would be needed, the cost of operation and how to establish routes.
In December, the commissioners allocated about $5,000 to help fund the plan, while several other sources also pitched in. The funding is to be mostly reimbursed by state grants. The overall cost of the plan is about $30,000, with about 90 percent of it to be reimbursed to local participants.
This is the second phase of planning for the document and it follows a 2015 Heidelberg University study that examined the feasibility of a bus transit route in the county.
In other business, the board is to consider:
* A $3,000 supplemental appropriation to the Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program.
* A $65,503.50 fund transfer to the Public Assistance Fund.
* A $3,000 fund advance from the General Fund to the Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program.
* An agreement for Emergency Management Services with the Seneca County Local Emergency Planning Commissioner on behalf of the Seneca County Emergency Management Agency.
* Signing and submitting a grant application to the Ohio Department of Transportation for a five-percent matching grant.
* An agreement with Soma Global on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.