Commissioners to consider financial appropriations and resolutions Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – Nov. 15, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
During old business, the board is slated to continue discussions concerning Safebuilt.
Robert Kurtz, Chief Building Official for SAFEbuilt, spoke to the commissioners last Thursday and discussed how his organization could offer quicker and better service than what Richland County Building Department provides.
Richland County Building Department handles the inspection and permitting process for commercial structures in the county.
At about 10:15 a.m., Emily Gilliland is scheduled to meet with the commissioners to discuss holiday lights at the Seneca County Fairgrounds.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* A $1,078,588.61 supplemental appropriation to the County Township Road Reconstruction Grant program for contracts/projects.
* A $9,000 supplemental appropriation to the Ohio Peace Officer Training Fund in the Transfers Out Line.
* A $50,000 supplemental appropriation to the Justice Center Operating Fund for contract services.
* A resolution authorizing Oriana House to enter into a contract with Comfort Systems USA.
* Appointing Joe Moore to the Seneca County Board of Developmental Disabilities for a three-year term commencing Jan. 1.
* Reappointing Ginni Beaston as a County Prevention Specialist to the Northwest Ohio Regional Prevention Council.
* Reappointing Jennifer Schumacher as a County Prevention Specialist to the Northwest Ohio Regional Prevention Council.