Pre-meeting release for 11/19 session
Commissioners to congratulate state champion Calvert Volleyball team Thursday
[Tiffin, OH Nov. 17, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92595230790?pwd=c0d1cVJ0MVY4RXUwSERweXo4SnE2QT09. Please note that this link and the following information has changed from previous meetings!
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790. The passcode for the meeting is 453802. Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID and then enter the passcode.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook Live on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
During the meeting, the commissioners plan to congratulate The Tiffin Calvert Lady Senecas Volleyball team and Head Coach Lori Rombach on winning a second state championship in three years.
Back in November 2018, when the team won the first state championship, coaches and players joined the commissioners’ meeting to accept a proclamation from the commissioners. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, the team and coaches can’t join the meeting in person, but some representatives from the team are expected to join the meeting on Zoom.
This week, the county is lighting the cupola at the Seneca County Justice Center with blue and white lights to honor the team. On Thursday, the board plans to present a proclamation, a video, and give words of encouragement and pride to the team.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* A $33,570.33 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund on behalf of the board of elections.
* A $60,000 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for salaries.
* A $90,000 supplemental appropriation to the Child Support Enforcement Fund.
* A $30,909.10 supplemental appropriation to the Workforce Investment Act Fund.
* A $1,500 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for supplies on behalf of the auditor’s office.
* A $123,974.63 supplemental appropriation to the Children Services Fund.
* A $48,133.11 reduction to the VOCA Fund.
* A $93,119.23 supplemental appropriation to VOCA Fund in the transfers out line.
* A $250,000 supplemental appropriation to the Public Assistance Fund for contract services.
* A $60,939.50 fund transfer to the Public Assistance Fund.
* A $93,119.23 fund transfer to the VOCA Grant Fund.
* A $25,000 fund transfer for the Local Government Fund Alternate Formula to the Ambulance Service Fund.
* Authorizing the sewer district billing and administrative contract service agreement between the Seneca Regional Planning Commission and the commissioners on behalf of the Seneca County Engineer.
* An agreement with the Ohio Department of Justice for the fiscal year 2020 Comprehensive Opioid Stimulant and Substance Abuse Site-Based Program on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.
* Placing King/Ruthman Ditch District SC#11-363 on Permanent Maintenance.
* Authorizing the 2021 Wellness Extra Incentive Premium Differentials for 2022 Discount.
* Authorizing a contract service agreement with Huron County Board of Commissioners for the receipt, custody and care of Huron County juveniles on behalf of the Seneca County Youth Center for 2021.