Commissioners to continue work on 2023 budget, hear update from state treasurer’s office
[Tiffin, OH – Nov. 29, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
During old business, the commissioners are to continue working on the 2023 General Fund budget, and also are expected to review the 2023 non-General Fund budget.
At about 10:15 a.m., Patrick McCauley, of State Treasurer Robert Sprague’s office, is expected to give the commissioners an update.
Also during the session, the commissioners are to consider the approval of eight applications through the county’s facade enhancement program.
The projects under consideration were recommended to the commissioners by a committee led by Commissioner Tyler Shuff and administered by Seneca Regional Planning Commission.
Funding is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and is to be split evenly between the cities and rural areas. The commissioners made $25,000 available for the program on Sept. 29th.
Local businesses and organizations are eligible to apply for a matching grant of as much as $5,000.
At about 10:30 a.m. Seneca County Health Commissioner Anne Goon is to visit the session to discuss the health department’s lease at the County Services Building.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* An $8,750 supplemental appropriation to the Sheriff’s Comm Fund.
* Supplemental appropriations totaling $410 to the General Fund for travel and expenses and contracts.
* Supplemental appropriations totaling $9,263.58 to the General Fund for salaries and PERS (Public Employee Retirement System).
* Supplemental appropriations totaling $1,045.59 to the Fiscal Year 23 Selective Traffic Enforcement Program for salaries and Medicare.
* Supplemental appropriations totaling $8,207.11 to the Ohio Peace Officer Training Fund for salaries.
* Supplemental appropriations totaling $504.64 to the Recorder’s Office Equipment Fund for PERS/Medicare.
* Authorizing the memorandum of understanding for the housing of Marion County prisoners on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.