Pre-meeting release for 2-2 session
Commissioners to hear from mental health board executive director Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – Jan. 31, 2023] — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. on Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Ottawa, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties Executive Director Mircea Handru is to provide an update to the commissioners.
Later, the board is to vote on a contractual agreement with SAFEBuilt Ohio, LLC, to perform building code services for commercial projects.
Over the past couple of years, the commissioners have spoken with several contractors who were growing frustrated with Richland County Building Department, the previous entity to handle building code services for commercial projects in the county, due to delays and issues with the permitting process.
Sandusky and Huron counties both recently moved to SAFEbuilt for their permitting and inspections.
On Nov. 10 of last year, Robert Kurtz, chief building official for SAFEbuilt, spoke to the commissioners and discussed how his organization could offer quicker and better service.
During new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• A $13,790.93 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for Inmate Psychotropic Medication.
• An $8,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract services.
• A $29,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for professional services.
• A $47.01 supplemental appropriation to the Unclaimed Money Trust Fund.
• An $8,000 supplemental appropriation to the Concealed Handgun Licenses Fund for supplies.
• A $30,212.40 supplemental appropriation to the Seneca County Sewer District Replacement and Improvement Fund for improvements on several ditches.
• A $7,060 supplemental appropriation to the Bascom/New Riegel Bond Service Fund.
• An agreement with Huron County Board of Commissioners for the custody and care of Huron County Juveniles on behalf of the Seneca County Youth Center for 2023.
• A resolution for the appointment of special counsel for the Seneca County General Health District retroactive to Jan. 30.