Commissioners to talk employee wellness program, consider capital improvements
[Tiffin, OH – Feb. 22, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10 a.m., the commissioners are expected to hear an update on the wellness program that is offered to county employees.
At about 10:15 a.m., representatives from the Commission on Aging are expected to meet with the board to discuss an upcoming tax levy.
The Commissioners also expect to enter into an executive session at about 10:45 a.m. to discuss the potential acquisition of property.
At 11 a.m., the board is to host a work session to discuss and prioritize capital improvement projects.
During new business, the board is to consider:
• A $43.48 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for other expenses.
• A $20,859.08, an $18,778.32 and a $280 supplemental appropriation to the Juvenile Program and Services for equipment, salaries and Medicare, respectively.
• Supplemental appropriations totaling $3,724 to the Allen Eiry Spec. Guardianship Fund.
• A $19947.26 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for prisoner medical.
• A $1,039 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund for contract services.
• A $750,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the transfers out line and a corresponding $750,000 supplemental appropriation to the County Capital Projects Fund for the Southeast EMS Station project.
• A $1,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract services.
• A $1,380.51 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects Fund for contract services.
• A $90,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract services.
• An $11,850.39 supplemental appropriation to the OCJS Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program Supplies and Equipment Fund.
• A $26,878.02 supplemental appropriation to the Justice and Mental Health Collaborative Planning Fund.
• Authorizing und transfers be made to the Capital Improvement Fund and to the General Fund.
• A fund advance repayment from the Impaired Driving Enforcement Program to the General Fund.
• A resolution declaring necessity for a levy of taxes in excess of the ten mill limitation.
• The updated county prevention, retention and contingency plan on behalf of the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services, effective Feb. 10, 2022.
• An agreement with DLZ Ohio for engineering services.