Commissioners to hold
Regular meeting to follow includes several bid openings
[Tiffin, OH April 9, 2019] — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 9 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St., for a work session followed by a regular meeting at 10.
The work session is to be dedicated to a Human Resources assessment that was completed at the request of the board.
Last year, the commissioners asked former Tiffin University Vice President for Human Resources and Campus Services Lori Hall, who now serves as the director of HR and health management for First Insurance Group, to study the county’s Human Resources capabilities and assess the system. Hall presented her findings to a committee last month and the commissioners are expected to discuss the study and consider future HR plans in the county.
During the regular meeting, the commissioners are to open bids for the TR 169 superstructure replacements project (10:30 a.m.), for a farm lease in Eden Township (10:45 a.m.) and for a paving project at Cemetery Lane at the county cemetery (11 a.m.).
The farm lease bid opening is for about 147 acres of county-owned land that can be occupied and used for planting, growing and harvesting crops. The Cemetery Lane project is fully grant funded through the Ottawa-Sandusky-Seneca Joint Solid Waste Management District, and it is to include the use of recyclable materials for resurfacing.
In other action, the board is to consider the use of
Also during the meeting, the commissioners are to consider renewal of a contract that provides victim advocacy services to the city of Tiffin. The board the contracting authority for the Seneca County Victims Assistance Program, which provides the services to the city.
The commissioners also are to discuss
In miscellaneous business, the board also will discuss which commissioners plan to attend the Tiffin Memorial Day Parade.
During resolutions, the board is to consider:
- A $7,509.10 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Grant Fund.
- A $540,000 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for contract projects
- A $1,510 supplemental appropriation to the Clerk of Courts Title Admin Fund (equipment)
- A $30,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract services.
- A contract with R&I Construction Inc. for the CR 38 Bridge Replacement Project. R&I, of Tiffin, submitted a bid of $548,317.60 for the project last week.
- An agreement with Seneca County General Health District for 2019 nursing services on behalf of Seneca County Youth Center.