Commissioners to hear from sheriff, open bids for opportunity center vans
[Tiffin, OH April 20, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday for a regular board session.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92595230790?pwd=c0d1cVJ0MVY4RXUwSERweXo4SnE2QT09.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790. The passcode for the meeting is 453802. Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID and then enter the passcode.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
Before the session kicks off, at around 9 a.m., the board is to host an executive session for collective bargaining.
At about 10, Sheriff Fred Stevens is slated to speak to the commissioners about some financial requests. At 10:15 there is a bid opening scheduled for two vans on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center.
At about 10:20 a.m., Carrie Duncan, of Splash of Love From Home, will speak with the commissioners.
Duncan started the organization in 2019 as a way to do something for American soldiers deployed in countries across the world.
Duncan, who comes from a military family, works with volunteers to send care packages and messages of encouragement to troops overseas. The group has managed to send more than 100 packages since its inception. Duncan is expected to discuss the growth of her organization and some of the challenges the group is facing.
For more information, visit the organization’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Splashoflovefromhome
During new business, the board is to consider:
* A $129,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund Transfers Out Line and a fund transfer in the same amount to the Capital Improvement Fund.
* A $129,000 supplemental appropriation to the Capital Improvement Fund for the County Services Building. The funds are to be used to move forward in the process of replacing a Seneca County General Health District wall.
* A $2,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund or computers and accessories.
* An $8,500 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects Fund for microfilm contract services.
* A $19,296.43 supplemental appropriation to the Ditch Maintenance Fund.
* A $500,000 supplemental appropriation to the Real Estate Assessment Fund for contract services.
* A $7,500 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract Services.
* A $2,180 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Expansion Fund.
* A $3,328.12 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District Fund.
* $600 and $5,750 supplemental appropriations to the General Fund for travel and contract services, respectively.
* Entering into the 2021 participation agreement with the County Risk Sharing Authority.
* Approving the amendment to the contract for Victims’ Assistance Services.
* A letter of agreement for architecture services for upgrades to the county health department building with DLZ.
* A contract with Ward Construction Company, of Leipsic, for the 2021 Chip Seal Project. The project bid was for $523,963.23 and it will include work on CR 5, 10, 13, 16, 29, 35, 40, 58 and 61.
* Authorizing the ODOT Office of Aviation Grant Program application for the Seneca County Airport.
* Setting time, date and place to receive bids for the OPWC Issue 1 Round 35 PY22 Road Project.
* Hiring Matthew Stock as full-time paramedic for Seneca County EMS and Andrew Branson as intermittent EMT effective April 26 and April 22, respectively.
* Approving the proposal for the RTA space study needs with Gossman Group, pending county prosecutor approval.
* Approving the agreement with Great Lakes Community Action Partnership for the preparation and submittal of an Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections Capital Improvement Local Jail application.
* Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for roof replacement at 3362 S. TR 151 and 3300 S. TR 151.