Commissioners to host public hearing for CDBG grant funding
Also to hold viewing and hearing for potential tile vacation
[Tiffin, OH May 28, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Perry-Wilhelm Tile Group for a viewing.
The tile is located near 5661 E. CR 16.
The viewing will be followed by a public hearing at 10:15 a.m. at the commissioners’ office, 111 Madison St., related to the potential vacation.
After the public hearing about potentially vacating the tile, the board is to hold another hearing related to the Program Year 2019 Community Development Block Grant at 10:30 a.m.
Seneca Regional Planning Commission Executive Director Charlene Watkins is to host the hearing, which will give the public a chance to weigh in on possible CDBG projects before an application for funding is submitted.
In other action, the commissioners are to consider scheduling a work session for June 20 to continue work on the facilities master plan. The plan is to map out the future of all county-owned buildings.
Earlier this year, the commissioners contracted with Gossman Group to create the plan. The estimated cost of the plan is about $69,000-$118,000.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* Addressing Seneca County’s Anti-Displacement and Relocation Plan for all CDBG programs.
* The approval of projects and amounts for the CDBG program year 2019 and signing and submitting the application for the program.
* Affirming the county’s due diligence to provide for Equal Housing Opportunity and affirmatively further fair housing.
* Making Watkins the grant administrator for the program year 2019 CDBG Allocation Grant and the program year 2019 Critical Neighborhood Revitalization Grant.
* Appointing Watkins as Labor Compliance Officer for CDBG programs.
* Approval of the Community Development Implementation Strategy.
* Establishing the Get Vaccinated Ohio-Public Health Initiative Fund.
* Approving a subordination of mortgage for Margaret Esquivel of her loan with the commissioners for work done through the Community Housing Improvement Program, fiscal year 2004.