Pre-meeting release for 6/18 session
Commissioners to hear from energy aggregation company representative
[Tiffin, OH June 16, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday for a digital board session.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom, in light of the state’s Stay at Home Order that went into effect in March.
To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://zoom.us/j/92595230790.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790.
For those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting while it’s occurring, they can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID.
The session also will be streamed live on the Seneca County Commissioners Facebook page.
At about 10 a.m., the commissioners are to hear from a Palmer Energy representative to hear about an opportunity to establish a solar energy program on county property.
In February, Amy Hoffman from Palmer Energy, discussed the county’s electric aggregation plan through the company.
Palmer Energy partners with the County Commissioners Association of Ohio to help manage a natural gas and electric program for member counties. Seneca County has opted into this program, which is designed to help save money on natural gas and electric bills by using the strength of group buying.
At the February 27 meeting, the commissioners agreed to a two-year extension for its electric contract for facilities. The board also agreed to schedule another meeting, which will occur Thursday, to learn more about a new solar energy program that could save the county even more over the course of its next contract.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* Setting time, date and place to receive bids for the 2020 CR 592 pavement widening and resurfacing project.
* Accepting the 2020-2021 wage scale for the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services non-bargaining unit for employees.
* Establishing the Local Coronavirus Relief Fund.
* Establishing the County Coronavirus Relief Distribution Fund.
* The disposal of unneeded, unfit or obsolete property – a 2006 Dodge Charger, on behalf of the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services.
* Amendment #3 for the engineering services agreement with Stantec for the acquisition of the Newman Property near the Seneca County Airport.
* Accepting the request for proposal and entering into a contract with Henschen and Associates, Inc. for the Seneca County Common Pleas Court Case Management System on behalf of the Seneca County Clerk of Courts.